Who we are: GunFoam.com
926 S Andreasen Dr Ste 101
Escondido, CA 92029
How to contact us: Please contact us by mail at the address above or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How we collect information about you:
- From your use of our website by using cookies and analytics (Anonymous Device Information)
- When you provide it to us, for example by contacting us, placing an order or attempting to place an order through our shopping site, leaving a product review, signing up for an account, or signing up for our newsletter (Voluntary or Order Information)
Information we collect:
- Anonymous Device Information such as your IP address, your geographic location (based on your IP address) information about your computer or device (device type, operating system, browser, screen resolution, etc.), information about how you use our website (what pages you have viewed, how long you viewed the pages, etc.), and information about how you arrived at our site (referral link, clicked on an email link, social media, etc.)
- Voluntary or Order Information such as your name, email address, phone number, shipping address, and billing address. Credit card details are handled by our payment gateway provider, Stripe, Inc. and are not stored by GunFoam.
How we use your information:
- We use your Anonymous Device Information to analyze and learn how our users navigate and use the Site, and to improve the Site for a better user experience.
- We use your Voluntary or Order Information to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations, shipment notifications, etc.) and if you have opted in, to communicate with you via our newsletter.
Disclosure of your information to third parties: We do not under any circumstances disclose your information to third parties, unless it is necessary to fulfill an order, we are required to do so by law, or to enforce our legal rights. GunFoam does not sell user information.
- Enable the Site to function correctly.
- Optimize performance and features of the Site.
- Gather statistics and technical information
You have control over the second two categories of cookies and can opt out using our Cookies Preferences selection upon visiting the Site.
How we secure your information: By using secure technology such as secure servers, encrypting transfers of information using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology, and by processing payment information using a payment gateway encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS).
Sensitive personal information: We do not intentionally collect or ask you to submit potentially sensitive personal information. Please do not submit sensitive personal information to us.
1. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
a. Shopping Site
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
b. Foam Editor
The GunFoam Foam Editor (referred to as the “Editor”) allows you to create custom foam inserts for your firearms by uploading photos of said firearms to the Editor. The images of your firearms are stored on an isolated secure server and are tied to a unique identifier that enables our system to map these items to you and allow you to purchase a custom foam insert on our shopping site. No personal information is stored in the database with the images. Only data necessary to calculate the contour, overall length, and depth of your firearms is stored with the images of your firearms.
When you save your custom foam insert, the Editor creates a “preview” image of the entire insert with your firearms in it for the purposes of previewing your order and to allowing you to place custom laser engraving text and graphics on the insert using our Laser Engraving Editor. This preview image is the only piece of information that is passed from the editor to the shopping site and is done so using encryption technology.
Our staff, who process your order, and our engineers, who take your order and engineer your foam insert for production, will see this image. Please do not upload images containing sensitive personal information or items that you do not want GunFoam staff to view.
c. Laser Engraving Editor
The GunFoam Laser Engraving editor (referred to as the “Laser Editor”) uses the preview image created by the Editor to allow you to add custom laser engraved text and/or graphics to your insert. The text and graphics that you choose are saved with your order information so that your order can be completed.
Our staff, who process your order, and our engineers, who take your order and engineer your foam insert for production, will see this image and your custom text and/or graphics. This text is stored with your order on a secure server and is considered private information; however, we encourage you to be exercise discretion regarding the information that you provide for laser engraving. Please do not submit sensitive personal information to be laser engraved on your insert.
d. Mobile App
The GunFoam mobile app (referred to as the the “App”), available to download in the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store, helps facilitate the taking and uploading of proper photos to the Editor. The App is free to download, does not contain advertisements, and does not collect or store personal data.
The app may read device information such as device type, operating system version, screen resolution, and other technical details to function properly and to deliver the best user experience for your device.
The App requests permission to use your camera while the App is open in order to take an image of your firearm and to scan a QR symbol in the Editor which enables the App to upload your image to the Editor.
Microphone permissions may be included in your camera’s permissions depending on your device and operating system version, however; the App does not use your device’s microphone for any reason.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
3. SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Site uses secure technology such as secure servers, and encrypts transfers of information using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology.
Credit card purchases are completed through Stripe, Inc. payment gateway. Your data is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Please note that when you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
4. BEHAVIORAL ADVERTISING
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
5. DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
6. YOUR RIGHTS
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
7. DATA RETENTION
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information. Order information includes your name, email address, phone number, shipping address, and billing address.
8. AGE OF CONSENT
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
10. CONTACT US
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information please contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at email@example.com or by mail at:
[Re: Privacy Compliance Officer]
926 S Andreasen Dr Ste 101, Escondido, CA 92029 USA